Elite Engineering 14-21 Silverado/Sierra and 15-20 Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon 5.3L/6.2L E2 Catch Can (E2500B-62L-XHRH)
E2500B-62L-XHRH-S-CRegular price $210.00
Elite Engineering 2nd gen catch can features the same 3-chamber design that made the Elite catch can so popular and functional, but has a larger volume. Specifically designed for forced induction, turbo or supercharged engines.
Purpose of your Stock PCV System
The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system is designed to regulate and remove fumes from the engine crankcase, and to alleviate crankcase pressure which could cause oil leaks or seal damage. The PCV system routes crankcase fumes into the intake manifold where they can burned to eliminate harmful emissions into the atmosphere. The PCV valve controls the amount of crankcase flow volume depending on the engine's load. With large throttle openings (high engine loads), the more blow-by gases are produced, and the more the PCV system flows oil vapor in to the intake manifold. The PCV valve also functions as a check valve to prevent intake manifold flow from reversing back into the crankcase when there is a backfire, or during periods of high manifold pressure (boost) during forced induction by turbocharger or supercharger.
Negative Effects of your Stock PCV System
Many Chevy/GM Truck/SUV owners with LSX engines can testify to the amount of oil residue that can accumulate inside the intake manifold, throttle body, intake track and even the air filter during aggressive driving conditions. There are various negative effects when excess oil vapor contaminates the intake system from the stock PCV system - such as -
- Throttle body and/or MAFS (Mass Air Flow Sensor) malfunction or failure
- Air filter, intercooler (if equipped) and intake ducting contamination if oil pools and run back out the intake system after engine shutdown
- Reduced octane of the air/fuel mixture, which can cause detonation and the ECM (Engine Control Module) to retard timing, thereby reducing engine power
- Excessive carbon build-up on valves, piston crowns, combustion chambers and spark plugs. This also increases the chance of detonation and power loss
- Increased emissions & possible contamination of catalytic converters and oxygen sensors
Elite Engineering's PCV Oil Catch Can has a unique 3-chamber design to effectively separate oil from the crankcase vapors, thereby eliminating all negative effects of excessive intake system oil contamination. Oil vapor from the crankcase enters the 1st - Inlet/Filtration chamber where it is slowed down and caught in the stainless steel mesh, it then moves onto the 2nd - Transition/Diffusion chamber. The Diffusion chamber has a very specific set of holes to remove the oil and only let clean air vapor pass. Lastly, the vapor passes into the 3rd - Exit Chamber before it exits the Catch Can.
The Elite Engineering PCV Oil Catch Can is constructed of the finest materials inside and out. High performance car owners insist on the best products that offer unsurpassed function as well as impressive visual enhancement. The Elite Catch Can does both! Their exclusive design incorporates optimum function and the finest materials, construction and finish for maximum dependability.
Built from billet 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, and then anodized in a variety of colors for a striking look. The internal condensing screen is stainless steel encased inside an aluminum alloy housing designed for low flow restriction. The housing can be disassembled for screen inspection, cleaning or replacement if needed. The inlet and outlet hose fittings are brass, and threaded into the body and sealed with Teflon tape. Supplied hoses are fuel and oil vapor compatible (SAE 30R7 rated). The bottom catch can reservoir screws onto the top of the unit, and is sealed with a built in O-ring. Inspection and cleaning is easy by simply removing the bottom of the unit without disturbing the mounting system or hoses. In keeping with their high quality standards, all supplied mounting hardware and screws are stainless steel. The supplied custom machined bracket is aluminum, and is attached to your specific vehicle with the hardware supplied.
- Catch can assembly beautifully anodized in BLACK, complete with 3/8" barbed inlet/outlet hose fittings
- Custom machined mounting bracket to fit your specific vehicle and application
- All stainless steel mounting hardware
- 3/8" ID fuel and oil vapor compatible hose
- PCV adapter hardware
- Black zinc plated hose clamps
- Upgraded lines available
- Free Shipping to the Lower 48!
- Made in the USA!
- Elite's 3-chamber design WITH larger 3rd stage
- Available with: 1 or 2 exit ports
- Available with integrated EXIT check valves **
- 30% more volume than Elite's standard catch can
- Can be fully disassembled for easy cleaning or inspection
- Available in BLACK anodize color only
- Elite's check valves are integrated internally to their EXIT hose barb fittings; you can choose to have 1 or 2 EXIT check valves or standard free-flowing hose barb fittings