Improved Racing 05-13 C6 Corvette Performance Oil Cooler Kit (EC6-600)
IMR-EC6-600-T4Regular price $1,000.00
Improved Racing performance oil cooler kit for the 2005-2013 C6 Corvette adds massive cooling capacity with a larger, custom-built, triple-pass oil cooler for even better cooling. This cooler is lighter, allows more air flow, and has more oil capacity than the cooler previously used. Oil temperatures in track conditions often reach as high as 300°F with the factory Z06 oil cooler setup. This kit will lower peak oil temperatures by as much as 30-50°F.
This kit is not only essential for track use, but also perfectly streetable thanks to the built-in oil thermostat, which allows engine oil to reach safe operating temperatures much faster than the factory oil cooler system.
The kit includes professionally assembled, lightweight -10AN oil lines featuring a Viton rubber interior, stainless reinforcement to prevent kinking, and a silicone-fiberglass sleeve for protection from header heat.
With the Improved Racing thermostat installed, oil temps are allowed to increase to safe operating temperatures, even with the much larger oil cooler included in this kit. Note these temperatures were logged using the sensor at the bottom of the dry sump oil tank, which reads lower than the temperature at the oil thermostat.
The thermostat is available in three temperature ratings, 180°F, 200°F, and 212°F. The 200°F and 212°F unit is recommended for racing applications and dry-sump vehicles (as the dry-sump system tends to run cooler). The 180°F unit is recommended for street use and wet sump vehicles.
- Massive oil cooling upgrade over the factory system, essential for track use
- Includes a Setrab Series 1, 65-row oil cooler with custom mounting brackets. Uses the factory mounting points in the radiator shroud.
- Direct bolt-on kit, with only minor cutting of factory radiator shroud required. A laser-cut acrylic template and instructions are provided for the perfect fit.
- Keeps oil temps in check to extend the life of your engine and reduce oil starvation
- Thermostatic oil cooler adapter precisely controls oil temps and accelerates engine warm-up
- Professionally assembled, lightweight, heat-shielded -10AN oil lines with hard-anodized aluminum dual swivel fittings
- Oil cooler adapter features a 1/8" NPT sensor port for an aftermarket oil temp or pressure sensor
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
- Free Shipping to the lower 48!