Airaid Writes "AIRAID Driver Jordan Priestley, Proves He Was the One to Watch All Season Long!"Posted By: JDP Team - On: 4/3/2017 12:00 PM
The Airaid team covers JDP President Jordan Priestley and his track record over the 2016 season in their recent article, AIRAID Driver Jordan Priestley, Proves He Was the One to Watch All Season Long!
AIRAID highlights Priestley's impressive performance on the track from the very first race of the season at Thunderhill, racing both Frankie AND Evilynn, the JDP 5th and 6th Gen Camaros. "Imagine if you will, having to keep two cars performing on the track and doing double duty as the driver. Now imagine 2 days, running from car to car, where in the end you place both 1st and 2nd on the podium in the competition rounds. Pretty impressive indeed." 1
Thunderhill was just the beginning for Priestley. "He went on to have the most outstanding year in his motorsports career to date. Competing almost every other weekend all across the Nation, our AIRAID team driver hit the ground running and competed in more than 25 events." 2
Talk about serious seat time.
One area of focus for JDP Motorsports over the season was the 2016 Camaro SS Development Vehicle. "With the first of the year launch of the 6th Gen Camaro, there were quite literally no parts available to enhance “Evilynn’s” performance. While Jordan states that GM did an outstanding job with the design and development of the car, he needed more to up his competitive edge. JDP Motorsports found themselves throughout the season designing and fabricating performance parts for “Evilynn” to keep her nipping at the competition's heels. The 2016 AIRAID-equipped Camaro SS was also fitted with a prototype Detroit Speed & Engineering/JRi Shocks coilover package that also included front adjustable camber plates. Priestley also installed the new Centerforce DYAD Clutch, which was not only lighter, but outperformed the stock clutch, making a significant difference in how the Camaro handled out on track." 3
Jordan Priestley killing it out on the autocross course at the final NMCA West event
"The 2016 race season has been nothing short of stellar for the folks at JDP Motorsports. Just take a peek at this past season’s race highlights and all of the team’s podium finishes:"4
- Thunderhill Motorsports Park - Multiple 1st Place finishes in GT Class competition rounds, Multiple Runner Up finishes in GT Class competition rounds, 2016 Camaro SS & 2011 Camaro
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway - 1st and 2nd Place finishes in GT Class competition rounds
- National Corvette Museum - 1st Place finish in Design for GT Class, podium finishes for GT Class in competition rounds
- Pikes Peak International Raceway - 1st Place finish Overall for GT Class earning the invite to OUSCI, OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational
- Circuit of the Americas - 1st Place finishes in GT Class competition rounds of Autocross and Road Course, 2nd Place finish Overall in GT Class
- Auto Club Speedway - 1st and 2nd Place finishes for GT Class in ALL individual categories of competition, 2nd Place overall for GT Class
- OUSCI Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Finished 26th overall against 90 competitors
- NMCA West Auto Club Speedway - Hotchkis Cup Modern Muscle Series Points Winner
- NMCA West Auto Club Speedway - Hotchkis Cup Grand Champion, having earned a 2nd Place finish at each of the 4 events. The Grand Champion is recognized for consistency over the course of the series season
- Sturgis Camaro Rally in South Dakota - 1st Place Autocross
- Holley LS Fest Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, Kentucky - Top 10 Finish in the 3S Challenge, Top 20 Finish out of almost 140 Competitors
- 2016 Tire Rack Solo Nationals SCCA Lincoln, Nebraska - With a Podium Finish in Classic American Muscle Classic
And these are just the highlights.
"As the President of JDP Motorsports . . . he is driven to excellence. Whether behind the wheel of his 6th Gen or in the shop building his customers' perfect dream car, he recognizes what it means to perform well."5 Jordan will continue racing, testing products on the track, and "working toward creating a brand reputation that is the Gold Standard in the automotive industry."6
"We look forward to what the 2017 race season brings for Jordan and the JDP Motorsports Team." 7